The AMC Dental College Library Established in 2009, is located on the First & Second floor of the AMC Dental College. It provides study and research facilities for the Faculty of Dentistry and the Basic Medical Subjects. The Dental Library maintains extensive collections for all the related subjects. In accordance with the objectives
First Floor (Central Library):
Computer Lab, Stack Room, Journals Room, Librarian Room, UPS Room ,Reading Room – 1 ( Capacity -17), News Paper Section, Reading Room-2 (Capacity -92), Property Counter, Issue Counter, New Arrival Section
Second Floor :
Reading Room-3 (Capacity 131), Staff Reading Room (Capacity 7), PG Reading Room (Capacity 8), Audio-Visual Room (Capacity 50)
The Library aims to develop a comprehensive collection of documents useful for students, faculty and other staff of the college. The rich and valuable collection built over a period of about two decades has some rare reference materials and several important journals. This reservoir of knowledge. To provide the students, best and extensive reading materials, books, journals, e-resources, along with providing research facilities and materials for the staff.
Total Number of Books : 3331 Click Here
- – No. of Titles : 867
- – Foreign Titles : 484
- – Indian Titles : 448
No. of Books purchased in last 5 years ( Year 2013 to 2018) Click Here
Total Number of Journals : 48 Click Here
- – Foreign Titles : 31
- – Indian Titles : 17
Back Volumes : 71
- – International Journals : 43
- – Nationa Journals : 28
Audio- Visual Materials :
- – CD/DVD : 226
E-Database : K- HUB : Virtual Library (Dentistry Database) :
GENERAL RULES :
- No person shall be admitted to the Library unless he/she is properly dressed.
- Readers desiring to use the Library shall enter their names and addresses legibly in a register which is kept for the purpose. Such signature shall be taken as an acknowledgement that the person agrees to confirm to the rules of the Library.
- Readers shall not write upon, damage or make any marks upon, any book, manuscript or map belonging to the Library.
- No tracing or mechanical reproduction shall be made without the express permission from the Assistant Librarian / Officer-in-charge Library.
- Silence shall be strictly observed in the Library.
- Readers shall be responsible for any damage or injury done to the books or other property, belonging to the Library and shall be required to replace such books (s) or property, damaged or injured or pay the value thereof. If one book of a set (Multiple Volume) or one issue of an Unbound volume is injured, the whole set shall be replaced.
- Cases of inactivity or other failure in the service should be reported immediately to the Assistant Librarian / officer-in-charge Library or in his/her absence, to the senior member of the Staff present.
- While entering the Library all members are requested to deposit their belongings (over coats, rain coats, umbrellas, brief case, bags, Vanity bags, manila folders, note books and books, etc., not belonging to the Library ) with the counter staff. They may be collected while the member leaves the Library. On no account the library staff could be held responsible for any damage or loss to the property of the member while in temporary custody of the counter staff. The member should switch off their mobile phone and other electronic devices while entering into the Library.
Note: The member will be allowed to take with him/her only loose sheets of papers inside the Library for writing purpose.
- Before taking books (s) on loan, a member shall satisfy himself/herself as to whether the books(s) lent to him/her is in sound condition. If not it shall be brought to the notice of the Assistant Librarian/Officer-in-charge Library. Senior Library staffs on duty about such defects as are observed in the book(s). Otherwise, he/she is liable to be held responsible for all the defects, if noted when returning the book(s) back to the Library and may have to replace in books(s) by a sound copy /copies.
- The Assistant Librarian / Officer-in-charge library can categories temporarily any publication as reference book if that helps better service during the period and can permit any Special or overnight loan under special circumstances.
- Replacement of books by the members in the racks is strictly prohibited and members should leave the books consulted by them on the Readers table/desk.
- Books of the types listed below are not available on loan except under special circumstance for which the permission of the concerned Assistant Librarian or Officer-in-charge Library.
- Encyclopedias’, Dictionaries and Directories Atlases and maps Old and worn out books and books which are out of print and cannot be replaced.
- Heavy and oversize volumes Costly publication with full of plates Loose issues of periodicals or unbound volumes
- Spitting and smoking within the premises of the Library are strictly prohibited
- New book(s) (latest additions / editions) received will be kept in the Library for one month after receipt and before that time they will not be issued on loan.
- The use of fountain pens in the Library is permitted but no ink should be spilled on the floor or furniture of the Library.
- Members who disregard the Library rules are liable for the appropriate disciplinary action by this College.
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR USING LIBRARY :
- Chairs and tables should not be disturbed from their position.
- Users should avoid resting their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, window sills.
- Books and bound volumes should be handled with great care. Please avoid keeping the volumes open on the table or putting with their faces down or inserting note books or pencils in between the pages and closing them.
- Pages must not be folded to serve as book marks.
- Loss of Borrower’s cards to be reported immediately in writing.
- Change in Department, Status, Address etc. to be informed.
- Documents should be handled with great care as they are costly and valuable, particularly loose issue of periodicals.
- Should not mutilate documents.
- Personal papers and non-library materials should not be left unattended on tables.
- On violation of Library Rules or misconduct of any reader the Library authorities can withdraw the Library facilities to that particular individual.
- When the members have any complaint about the services provided by the Library they should not enter in to argument with the Library staff. Instead, they are advised to bring it to the notice of the Officer-in-Charge, Library / Assistant Librarian.
- Members should follow all rules decided by the Library authority from time to time. And copy of the same will be made available to the members.
- Your valuable suggestions are always welcome.
- Your co-operation in providing smooth and efficient Library service will be highly appreciated.
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR HANDLING LIBRARY CARDS :
- Library cards are not transferable.
- Members are responsible for the books borrowed on their cards.
- Faculty/Students should produce their Library card at the time of borrowing books.
- Faculty/Students should return all books before getting the no dues certificate.
- Library cards should be surrendered in the event of the student completing the course or leaving the College, for other members at the time of resignation/transfer.
- Loss of card is to be intimated to the Officer-in-Charge, Library/Assistant Librarian immediately in writing.
- Duplicate card will be issued against penalty.
RULES FOR MAINTAINING DISCIPLINE IN THE LIBRARY
- Library staff should monitor discipline of members in the Library.
- Entry into the Library is permitted with proper dress code.
- Any misconduct or misbehavior to be brought to the notice of the disciplinary committee.
CYBERSPACE RULES :
- Do not use the computers to do the following:
- – Playing Games
- – Playing music
- Do not install or uninstall any program or service in any computer. This is only a Preserve of the Librarian.
- If any device of the computer is not working, do not fix it kindly report at the Reference desk or to the IT person in charge.
- You are allowed to use the computer for a time allocated by the librarian. If need
- be you can be asked to give others opportunity to use the computers
- Do not send jobs for printing, it is not allowed within the cyber. If necessary contact the Librarians.
OVER DUE BOOKS
- Books must be returned by the due date or earlier if recalled by the Librarian. Failure to return a book by the date specified will be treated as a serious offence. The Library will endeavor to send overdue notices but will not be held responsible for non-delivery, under whatever circumstances.
A fine can be imposed on anyone returning an overdue book. Failing will attract a penalty of Rs. 5/- per day.
- Loss and Damage
Borrowers will be held responsible for materials out on loan. If the material is lost, an immediate report should be made to the Librarian to enable appropriate action to be taken. A borrower is allowed to either replace the book lost or damaged by purchasing it himself or requesting the Library to replace it. All books replaced must be of the latest edition. If the book is one of a set or series they may be called upon to replace the whole set or series.
- Open Access System for Staff and Students
- Separate Reading Hall Teaching Staff, U.G. and P.G Students.
- OPAC Online Public Access Catalogue. : http://192.168.10.9/webopac
- Circulation – Bar Coding System
- Display of Current Information (New Arrival Books & Journals)
- Reference Book
- Scanning & Printing
- Browsing Facility free of Cost.
- Library Automation (SOUL _II)] E-Resources
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- E-Database : K- HUB : Virtual Library (Dentistry Database) :
- Link: http://k-hub.in/NewResources.aspx?id=2
- PubMed Central (PMC)
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- National Digital Library of India
- CCTV secured central Library
- Smart Book Security System
Sanjaykumar N. Limbachiya
AMC Dental College,
Bhalakiya Mill Compound
1st Floor, Nr. Anupam Cinema,
Khokhara, Ahmedabad, Gujarat : 380008
Ph: 079 22934301, 22932501, 22938122 Fax. 22938122
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com