As a part of adoption by DCI recommendation, the department of public health dentistry, AMC dental college, khokhra, Ahmedababd, have adopted Vanch Village and Dhamatvan Village, Dist Ahmedabad to provide comprehensive dental benefits to all the people residing in the village.
AMC dental hospital is located at Khokhra area of Ahmedabad. The hospital being run by AMC provides all kinds of dental treatments and facilities at a very nominal rate, using latest diagnostic & treatment equipments. The hospital is easily accessible to villages via public transportation system.
The public health dentistry department of the hospital will carry out various activities on a monthly basis in the adopted villages. The lists of some of the activities are mentioned herewith.
- Screening for oral diseases.
- Education regarding commonly seen dental diseases like dental caries, periodontal diseases, mal-aligned teeth, non-healing ulcers and frequent ulcers in mouth.
- Detection of oral precancerous lesions & conditions.
- Education regarding effects of systemic diseases on oral health.
- Education regarding effects of oral diseases on systemic health.
- Education of proper brushing techniques.
- Education regarding importance of proper diet & nutrition on oral health.
- Training of Anganwadi workers & school teachers regarding proper brushing techniques and prevention & control of dental diseases.